Sunday 16 March 2008

Post graduation

Since I have been out of college since before the Cina New Year, I decided not to laze around, and do the things I'd wished to do when I was too busy with assignments.

So no1. I am taking part in a mime that showcases the power of God's love. It's a contemporary type performance, and to be performed on Easter Vigil Night (this Sat) at Assumption church 6pm and 9 pm. Actually, I have to attribute this play to whoever the superbly creative person was who designed the whole thing and plonked it on Youtube. My group of performers were actually inspired by the Youtube thingy and decided we just had to do it- one of the most touching mimes I've watched. Watch it for yourself :


We're trying to practise our mime to make it as realistic as possible, I think we're 80% there. Still have 3 more practices (though I'm skipping one hehe). We were in a lurch cos we had no budgets for lighting (it would cost around RM 600-800), thank God last minute we called someone who allowed us to take his lighting equipment for whatever price we'd like to pay! So hooray, at least our effects part to help with the whole emo feeling is taken care of. Now, just a little bit more prayer and practise, and we may just communicate the message well enough for the congregation to be moved.

no2. I'm playing football. Yes i know the difference between futsal and football. I am playing football. Surprise, surprise. I don't watch football, don't keep up with the scores and the news, have two sticks for legs and I decided to play. Well, I think those of you who know me will know I like to try new stuff. So I think that's the motivation. Plus a very persuasive friend who wouldn't give up calling on me. The whole point of playing football is for our church to form a women's football team for an interchurch game on April 5. Lucky us, women's football so far only got 4 teams hahahah.

Post-graduate-Unemployment is great.
The next time I go for both practises, I'll remember to snap some pix.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails