Tuesday 4 March 2008

by candlelight

For god knows what reason, there was a sudden blackout last night. As I was driving home alone, I was quite surprised my sis called to volunteer to come home with me and help me open our auto-gate manually. Whoa..moments of kindness like that from her are really treasured.

Since she had tapau-ed some supposedly superb tasting nuggets from SS15's burger stall (near the market), she needed light to eat. We tried switching on all our rechargeable lights but just our luck none of them flickered on (I suspect my family used them dry before heading to bed).

Thus began our hunt for candles, guided by the humble glow of our handphone lights. We dug up plain tealight candles, christmas candles, candles given during birthdays, teacher's day candles and more fancy candles which we do not recall its significance. It was quite a sight after lighting close to ten candles of various shapes and colours around the house. And mind you, all the candles were even placed in all sorts of cute candle holders.

All I could say after sitting on the couch and taking in the flickering lights are 'whoa... veli lomantic wor'. Amazing what a dreaded blackout and some carefully kept candles over the years can do.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails