Saturday 31 July 2010

Broken Run


I count my lucky stars everyday
I take a ride with positivism
I run a steady run
Smiling ever ready
Sharp rocks seem like pebbles
White waters like streams
I count my lucky stars everyday
Because I can still see the silver lining

But I am tested oh so badly
When I see the closest to me
Who seemingly don’t deserve it
Has life handed on a golden platter
If it were a stranger
I’d shake my head and run on
Saying our lives are two worlds apart
Maybe they had it harsh, now God smiles on them
If it were a friend
I’d shake my head but wish him well
The wheel of fortune visits you
I hope it notices my sweat
And gives me a good turn of fortune soon
But if it were my kin of blood
The world now seems imbalance
I wish I could wish her well
But it stumps me to know
How dreams which you wish upon yourself
Dreams you work hard for
And never achieved
Can be granted unto another
Who has hardly broke a sweat
Yet been dealt a card of luck
By the very hand that feeds us both

How now do I run
How do I run
With a smile
As if the day has never changed
It seems as if all the principles I swear my life by
Now seem broken
Now seem to laugh back at me
Did life cheat me
Or did I cheat myself?
Did God blink for a moment
And in the short darkness
Life as I knew it came to a halt

Mighty friend, father, creator
You know the beginning and the end
You hold the secrets for every event
You know why you made things the way they are
Never do I want to doubt you
I always said I pledge my faith in you
But punish me not
For today I broke my steady run
My ride with positivism came to a halt
And ask you why
Is my turn ever going to come
Why was it in your story
The prodigal son had more
Than the one who stayed
Today I can’t remember the ending to that story


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails